Strange not-so-random bsod's

Status
Not open for further replies.

heshhesh

Well after thinking that I fixed my bsod problems from a previous post by removing cachemanxp.exe by uninstall, but the computer keeps on having bsod's.

I've tried switching out my ram strips, but the error keeps occurring.

The strange thing about it is that the computer reboots into a black screen stall from which I have to reboot again to enter windows and believe this causes me to lose the minidump. Therefore, alas, I do not have any minidumps to provide except for two that appeared before the computer started rebooting into a black screen stall:

zip file with 2 minidumps...
https://webspace.utexas.edu/ar234948/Mini102305-01.zip?uniq=fyyx3i

The error occurs when

a) when i tried to go to "open profile" on yahoo messenger
b) when i tried to open videos from the internet in my browser,
c) if the aim's today window opens
d) sometimes when trying to open links in aim profiles (but not always)
e) sometimes when trying to open links from aim messenger (but not always)

Version 7.0.0.437 Yahoo Msg
Version 5.9 Aim Msg
Running Mozilla Firefox v 1.0.7

The bsod's only seem to occur when doing certain things, but I can't find the connection between the programs and/or my actions on the computer in relation to the problem.

1.5 ghz AMD
Geforce 2 graphics card
internal 60, 120 GB
external 233, 233, 80 GB
512 ram ((2) 256 strips)
Maddog 7 in 1 dvdrw

already said and done ;-)

"Well after thinking that I fixed my bsod problems from a previous post by removing cachemanxp.exe by uninstall, but the computer keeps on having bsod's." -- I already uninstalled cachemanxp.exe... ;)

Though you have uninstalled the programme the cachemanxp.exe is still showing up in your minidumps.

click start/run and type services.msc into the run box, and press the enter key. when the services window appears, maximise it, and look for cachemanxp.exe.

Right click on it, and if it is running select stop. Now select properties, and change the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok

Regards Howard :)

hmm... interesting

The two minidumps were taken after the uninstall of cachemanxp.exe, and I ran services.msc I could not find it listed there.

Well, for whatever reason it`s still in your system.

Do a search on your computer for cachemanxp.exe, and delete it if you can. Make sure to search inside hidden folders.

You might want to create a system restore point before you do this, just in case of unforseen problems.

Regards Howard :) :)

No sign of cacheman.exe in your HJT log.

Let HJT fix these entries.

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://:/
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O18 - Filter: text/html - {3551784B-E99A-474f-B782-3EC814442918} - (no file)

I think you need to do the search I suggested.

Regards Howard :)

file not found ;-)

did a search, even for hidden files and no cachemanxp.exe

...and fixed the few items you suggested

perhaps a everest log?

A friend and I uninstalled the program and then collected the two minidumps afterwards... its a bit confusing to me also...

I ran Everest you can see the log file below, i just took out the wireless network/ip info, the rest is there. Thought it might help, although its a big file - 276 Kb.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/ar234948/Report2.txt?uniq=fz3k85

perhaps some other software would be useful to run?

I`m sorry, but I can`t help you if you don`t provide me with your latest minidumps.

The minidumps are deffinitely from 23/10/05 which is before you uninstalled cachemanXP. That is why they are showing cachemanXP as the culprit.

Your Everest log is of no use to me whatsoever.

If your computer is still crashing, then your minidumps are what I need.

Regards Howard :cool:

okay but...

The strange thing about it is that the computer reboots into a black screen stall from which I have to reboot again to enter windows and believe this causes me to lose the minidump.

Is there a way to keep the minidump after the computer bsod's?

Hi,

No mninidump and system event 1001/1003 has the important diagnostic information.

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001/1003. Copy the content and paste it back here

Hi heshhesh,

No useful information is found at the event log. Probably it is hardware problem. Reseat the memory module and video card. Make sure your PC is not overheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back