Strange One-Sided Stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kt3mplar

This old computer I have (HP a250n) has a strange audio problem
About 3 months ago, it started to only emit sound out of the right speaker of whatever stereo device was being used, when fully seated in the female.
I can unseat it to the point where it comes out of both speakers, but judging from the toying I have done with the sound balance, the sound that I hear out of "both" speakers is really just a split version of the right speakers sound, meaning I have no fading effect, and to get the full range I have to have the balance all the way on the right.
Reinstalled AC'97 audio drivers many times. No progress.
Any help?

It appears to be a hardware problem, because "percussion therapy" works sometimes (I have to pick up the computer and basically drop it an inch or two, and that only works 1/1000 times. So...any suggestions?

well maybe your soundcard has some rust or either your speaker jack is spoilt. i have been facing the problem before and if it;s the male jack problem, you might consider to change the jack or scratch it using sandpaper.

Don't have a soundcard, it's onboard audio. AC'97. I dunno about the speaker jack. It couldn't be the male, because I've tried 8 different speakers and headphones (in both front and rear females) and none of them emit stereo. It would have to be the female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back