Strange power on problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

slippyjim20

Hiya,
I think this is hardware related.....

Just fixed my mates PC (hopefully) and now...

I have just got one of those little Shuttle tiny PC boxes and it works OK but sometimes when you press the power button in it doesn't turn on immediately, sometimes it will wait 5 minutes but other times it can be up to 20 minutes!! Other times though it turns on straight away.

When it doesn't turn on I have tried removing the power cable for a few seconds then plugging it back in to see if that helps but it makes no difference.

I was wondering if it is the PSU that needs replacing?

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve

How would have to agree with tedster. Have you tried pressing the power switch more than once until it turns on? Or just hit it once and wait?

Yes I've tried pressing the button more than once and it makes no difference, hitting it once and waiting can mean a 20 minute wait!!

Ooh, I do like shuttles.

Power down then:
Pop the case and check the jumper for the power switch is securely on its pins. Pull the main power and secondry power(if your board uses it) connectors of the mainboard and put them back ensuring they click when you do. Check there's no breaks in the wire for the power button jumper cable and that it's soldered properly where it meets the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back