Strange problem with Audigy Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently upgraded my system from P4 2.4GHz to a P4 3GHz. 800MHz fsb, Asus P4C800-DX, 1Gb Corsair DDR400.
Strangly when I play a game (F12K2) not very often byt sometimes the sound will just freeze for a fraction of a sec or 2, and then the sound will jump back to where it was supposed to be... For example - if you accelerate the engine at some point will freeze at that revs then jump to the revs it is supposed to be... This is not accompanied by video or any other freeze - just an audio freeze... Any idea what could be going on?
Thansk in advance,
Itay

Hi Irousso,

You might want to tweak your Audigy Platinum. At the Techspot Guide section, there are various tweaks for soundcards used in different OS platform. Just take a visit, spend a little time, which may end up to be a worthwhile one.

Make sure everything is connected properly, externally and internally. It could be your speakers and/or their wires. Test other speakers and see if that is a problem.

That's all the advice I have for running under Windows XP. Continue reading for WIN98SE.

--If you are running Windows 98 SE, look at this, if not, I may just confuse the crap out of you--
If you are running Windows 98SE, it could be a problem performance wise if you use WDM drivers. Also, if on 98, don't ever have more than 512MB DDR, over that is useless and causes instability. There's a paper that comes with your Audigy that says how to change from WDM drivers to VXD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back