TechSpot

Strange problem with connection

By bsaber
Feb 2, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Everyone,

I've recently been having a strange problem with my wireless connection. Sometimes when I'm moving from one wifi network to another (from school to home or visa versa) I leave my laptop in standby so all I have to do to reconnect to the network I just right click on the wireless icon on the system tray and click repair. However, just a few days ago when I try to repair I get this error: TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection. Cannot proceed.

The thing is that I have no problems afterwards. I just click close and everything works perfectly fine. Anyone encountered a problem like this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bsaber

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

I guess it happens because Windows is too quick to show error / warning messages. If it would just wait for the devices to initialize when waking up, these messages probably wouldn't show up.

3. bsaber

bsaber TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 56

So I'm guessing I don't really have to worry about it then. Thanks for the reply.

Bsaber

4. bsaber

bsaber TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 56

I did a repair install today and that seemed to have fixed the "problem". Just wanted to post that in case someone else is having the same problem.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.