Strange psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylub

I recently installed a new psu the toughpower 750 and its amazing and the only way you can hear it is if you put your ear right next to it but for some reason somtimes when I turn off my computer the psu stays on but it doesnt stay on everytime only when you dont expect it to be, every time i open the case up to recreate the event, i cant so any help would be great

Make sure you have read all the documentation that came with the Throughpower. Some power supplies have connectors that go to a motherboard fan connection. These connections may affect the actions of the power supply

thanks for the reply, I double checked everything about it and as far as i can tell it is installed correctly.

this might sound far fetched but I am running vista could that have anything to do with it?

Modern motherboards DO NOT POWER OFF COMPLETELY!

Thus, your psu may simply be powering the mobo and cooling itself down after a hectic period of killing spraggons or something.

Read the manual is ALWAYS good advice, but looking for specific activities makes it easier.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back