Strange restart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brandon

Hmmm.. the first since the start of January, I think some people might remember seeing me posting about constant blue screen and all that at the start of Jan and so on.

Well, I experienced a computer auto restart while surfing the net. I had manage to use this PC for the past whole month, nothing was wrong.. just today only. I'm curious as to what cause this restart. Someone take a look at the minidump.

The error code found in the event viewer is as follow.

0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x8054afd2, 0xba6cb5e4, 0x00000000)

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Good day.

***Edit***
Got another restart later in the day. Funny.. I didn't had so many restart. I thought my computer had stabilized? Someone help immediately thanks.

The minidumps point to NTKRPAMP.EXE and Win32K.sys... Unstable system? So what stablized your system before? Did you do anything?

No... I didn't do anything. I only uninstall all the unwanted drivers like Asus enhanced display driver, smart doctor and all that after I send my Asus Geforce 8800GTX for RMa..(that's on Jan 5th) Yesterday, it just restart out of the blue, shocking me.

I wonder.. was it because of my hard disk age and that it's on IDE to Sata connection(using a converter) instead of pure IDE connection. What's your take on this?

Hmm.. the day before, at night, I installed a new theme for my firefox 2.0.0.1. The next day, which is yesterday, those restart I mentioned above happens.

Btw, do you mind sending me text files version of the whole debugging, one file for each minidump? I want to see what other processes that I'm running and so on. Thanks..

Hmm... I'm suspecting that the memory has problem.... I'm not sure.

Well, I don't do overclocking (I like stock systems).

Memory is Corsair XMS2 Twin2x C6400 (if I'm not wrong on the model) It's the 800MHz version, dual channel. I'm running 2 x 512 MB of it. Stock clock and stuff.
My motherboard is P5N32E-SLI by Asus.Hmm.. hope this helps.

Hmm... well, the start of jan, I did swap my memory around. Let me paint a scenario of my memory swapping.
Memory A seats in Memory Channel A. Memory B Seats in Memory channel B (this is my current configuration)

Earlier, the start of jan.. this was what I tried.
Memory A seats in Memory Channel B, Memory B seats in Channel A.

Result:
Lots of blue screen, memory reference error by programs. Thus i switch to my current configuration, been stable since.

I was wondering... during bootup times.... does the Os always load itself onto the memory in Channel A?

My theory is that... there's a particular section on memory B that is spoilt and that sometimes during boot up, Os load itself in there since it's a random access memory.

What's your take?

the bug check was 0x1000000A... was for the second minidump.

hmm...read through those links.. meaning that my display is having trouble? (it's a loaned X300 ATI card from the RMA center for Asus)

Try running the system out of the dual-channel mode and run one 512MB module for a while. How is your power supply?

hmmm... ok.. will try soon... not now though.. system seems stable already. Still got work to do.. will get back to you after monday.

thanks a lot...

btw... which dump did you find the error on the NTKRPAMP.EXE... if it's on the second one I attached... well..

I was playing a game at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back