Strange Temperature Problem ( 140C )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have a very wierd problem.
I have Pentium 4 3.2GHz LGA775 processor on an Intel D915G motherboard. (Not Overclocked).
BIOS says that my CPU temperature is 140C (200+F).

1. I noticed it when I put a VGA card GeForce 6600GT.. I think tha this is irrelevant.
2. This tempratures is definite not the real one because I don't see any smoke! :) .. and after all, I touched the Cooler ( If that is how we call this thing behind the Cpu Fan :) )
3. I installed a program tha shows my cpu temperature and it says that my current CPU temperature is -120C !!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know what is happening??? I'm getting crazy!!
Is there any possibility that the cooling system works normaly and just what bios says is wrong?? Should I worry?

Thnx in advance...

Bad thermistor or thermal diode, eh?
I don't know exactly what are they? Can I replace them?

Perhaps, when I placed my new VGA card, I ruined something...
That makes sense....

Go to www.lavalys.com and get the free Everest Home Edition.
See what their temperatures show up as.
If your CPU-cooler is touchable without frying your fingers, you should be allright.
The thermal feeler is on the motherboard, if still under warranty, try to RMA it.

That is an odd one

That is odd and I have seen it before sometimes it was because the person that did an upgrade didnot ground them self off and cooked the the censor somtimes it is the software there is tons or reasons. I would do this; get Everest Home see what that reads if it is still reading high uninstall all the programs that read temp, reboot the system and reinstall Everest if still high make sure all drivers to you mobo and GPU are upto date then reinstall something to read the temp if then it is still high I would then look at getting the mobo replaced or upgraded.

Hahahaha! I've noticed a more funny temperature!
My Bios says tha the temprature of the Zone 2 of my motherboard is 12C!!!
My computer is a refrigirator!!!!! :haha: :haha:

Thank you... I'll try Everest!!!

question: What is "modo" ?

I'm trying to find my CPU temp using th Everest...
but I can't find it!!!!
I tried Computr>Sensors> Temperatures but it only has:
Motherboard 39C (Normal)
Aux 5C ( I don't know what awx is and this temp is not normal at all)

What the hell?

Look..
When I unplaged my new VGA card ( back to the on-board one )
the temperatures gone to normal again.. (45C)
Everest confirms...

????

Some newer graphics cards need an extra power-connector, is that the case with yours?
They WOULD run hot (or not at all) without it. Check the graphics-card's fan, that it is working.

VGA fan working properly!
What power connector? Connect what? I can't find something in the manual!

My VGA card doesn't work properly.. and I'll go for a replacement!
It runs HOT and when I play games, crushes!!!!

Is something I must do? Plzz help!

There is a molex power connector on your graphics card... Did you connect that? Cause, you are supposed to.

Ah??

Whay vid card do you have again? I would look at the builder's webpage and read the online manual. You vid card is either FUBAR or something is not plugged in... some vid card's fans will run from system power but not at full speed even if the fan is running it still may need a molex power cable, this would account for the high tem and the apearance that the card is running correctly. :hotouch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back