Strange Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

warsi

Hi all,
I have a strange virus in My PC...
It came through infected Memory Card.
In Symbians like Nokia 6600, 7610, 3650, 6680 etc. A commonly spread virus is ComWarrior which makes cell phones hanged.. and etc....
but if you attach their Memory Card with PC via Card Reader/Writer then I would be like this...

In every folder say "MyFolder" their would be an exe file named "MyFolder.exe" and its Icon would like folder Icon. as in XP and 98 known files dont show extentions so common person would take it as another folder... and would double click it and it would spread in all computer and then in every folder there would be an exe file with folder's name like in my documents there would be "my documents.exe" and so on...
the first side effect would be that it will no longer allow you to see "Hidden And System Files" as in Tools menu (for xp) and View (for 98) wont show this option.
and sooner or later the pc would start to hang and restart...
Pleas help...
ThAnKx
WBR

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of warsi only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

OH!
Sad...
My operating system failed to work.... and It said that HIJACKTHIS is a virus... (PC-CILLIN) and after this it got restart... and then I had to re-install my OS.....
But THANKS MAN... Very much...

I`m sorry to hear that mate.

I trust your system is now running properly?

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of warsi only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back