Strange Vista Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internetzilla

Before I get started I love Vista. I didnt think Microsoft could pull it off again but I think they did.

Anyways I have had no issues with it other that most things are Vista ready yet. Until today, out of the blue, this thing started happening....

Every time I start it gets the to desktop, starts loading, THEN FREEZES! And it wont do anything. So I end up having to cold boot it.

Then it actually get the damn thing to start again, and while writing this message on the computer I was having issues with it freezes again!

I dont know what to do...very confused. Please help!

Well it's a brand new Gateway MA7/MT6705. It's got Vista Home Prem. 1 gig ram, 224 Video Card, Duel Core Processor.

I can't give you much else because I can't use the computer!

you should reinstall vista. i once had the same problem after i meesed up the user rights, but it can be anyting from broken drivers to viruses.

Can you system restore to before you where having the problem?

I don't think you'll have much luck reinstalling drivers but although its new, the drivers could be far older so you should double check and make sure that the drivers are up to date anyway

Same Gateway Computer, Different Problem

Hello,

This is my first post, hopefully it will have some views... I can't help you because I don't have the freeze problem with my machine, so I would say that you just need to re-install. I am having a very strange issue. From time to time my ability to connect to wireless networks suddenly goes away. It usually happens after coming back from "sleeping" or just when the screem saver is on. I click on the wireless connection icon and it says there are no networks available. Then I disable the wireless adapter and enable it and it work fine. This is a pain in that ****, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

This has been an ongoing problem with Vista for awhile... I know there is an update for it and I am searching for it now... If I can find it I will post the link...

drivers --- drivers --- drivers :)

When systems freeze, there's a crash or conflict in the software and that is almost
always associated with the drivers.

The question is which driver?

Analyze what you were doing last just prior to the freeze:
  1. browsing internet -> your Ethernet NIC or wifi driver
  2. gaming -> your video card driver, then the sound driver
  3. playing music -> update the codec, sound and cd drivers

Did the system come with pre-installed software? Update it!

Newness of a system does not exonerate the software! Just think how long that box sat in a
warehouse and then on the retailers shelf before you took it home. This provides
ample time for problems to be discovered and updates to be published

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back