Strategy Analytics: iOS leads tablet market, Windows jumps to 7.5% share

By Jos
Apr 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft made a big bet on tablets last year, releasing its own hardware and tailoring Windows 8 / RT for the rising form factor. So how has the company fared so far? According to data from research firm Strategy Analytics,...

Read more
  2. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 867   +128

It looks like Microsoft took a bite out of Apple.
    coppersloane likes this.
  3. Well that's funny, because if Apple iOS holds 48.2% of the global market in Q1 of 2013 (Whilst displaying a rapid decline of global market share since Q1 of 2012) we can conclude the fact that non-iOS based tablets hold 51.8% of the global market, and climbing.

Now let's look at the definition of "Dominate"
    dom·I·nate

[dom-uh-neyt] Show IPA verb, dom·I·nat·ed, dom·I·nat·ing.

verb (used with object)
    to rule over; govern; control.

To what, I say? The estimated global market "Dominance" is estimated to only slow down once it has hit the 20% of global market area. In which I'm sure, Apple fans will still be crying foul over anything that says otherwise.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,717   +873

I really like my iPad. iOS needs some improvement though.
  5. ArthurZ

ArthurZ Newcomer, in training Posts: 79

iOS has stopped innovating, sure the end users are not silly picking Androids where all the freshness is. Apple basically is about to repeat the Blackberry story.
  6. JC713

I like my iPad and all, but iOS is just stale. Android has more freedom. The only good tablet on the market at the moment is the Sony Xperia Tablet Z.
  7. coppersloane

coppersloane TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 108   +33

Like I've said many times before, I wouldn't trade my Surface for any other tablet, regardless of app availability or popularity. It's a tablet work horse, not just an expensive toy. People are slowly realizing this with the new Windows machines, and teens are slobbering all over themselves for Surfaces.
  8. JC713

Yeah, teens think Apple isnt cool anymore. Do you use the Surface Pro?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.