Streaming Audio online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have ADSL internet and it is put through a wireless router and I have the main computer hooked up to that router through one of its ports and my downstairs computer through wireless card. Now I surf the internet just fine on that but when I try and connect to an internet radio station I have drop outs now its streaming radio so I am thinking could this be a speed issue.

1.I have tried using various online radio stations and it plays for about 30sec sometimes more and then drops out.

2. I was told to try using real player instead of Windows media player and same result

I would appreciate any idea's why it might be doing this I am thinking it could be because its wireless and if thats the case I am going to have to get in the roof to get a cat5 cable downstairs so i'm trying to be sure before I do that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

How fast is your internet connection speed?
How far away is the radio station?
What bitrate does the station transmit at?

Does it do the same on the computer with the wired connection?

If you have 128kbps and you are listening to a 256kbps station on the other side of the world, then you can't possibly get a good reception.

Usually you can set the buffer size manually in the player. Make it something longer than 30 seconds.

thanks for the quick reply,

to answer you questions I have 256 internet plan but downstairs with the wireless it sometimes gets a little bit slow.
As for the radio station its all local and I have called them and they tell me that there shouldn't be an issue.
Oh and I have even tried changing the radio station setting and instead of using the broadband link to the station I have used the dialup 56k link same result. Although I will try changing the buffer size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back