Streaming Currently Downloading Media In XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have an interesting problem that no one seems to be able to solve.

I'm on a 56K modem, so time is of the upmost importance to me. I don't like to waste 40 minutes downloading a song that I'm just going to delete after 3 listens. (Not illegal MP3s, stuff like OCReMix and synth demos and stuff.)

Anyway, on my OLD machine, which ran the original Windows 98 (not SE) I was able to do a search for *.mp3, find the MP3 I was downloading in the Temporary Internet Files, and preview it while it was downloading, to see if it was worth my time or not.

I got a new box (Windows XP Home, came with Service Pack 3...latest updates, yadda yadda yadda) and now I cannot do this trick anymore. Not only does it not show the TEMP folder where the currently downloading MP3s are in the search box, but I can't go into it manually and find them either.

I dunno if this is an XP Home issue, or a general XP "feature", but I really miss the preview, and I would like to get it back.

Thank you for your time, and any help or enlightment on this subject will be GREATLY appreciated.

Under XP you have several Temp directories:
C:\WINDOWS\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
This last one is the one you are looking for.

You must be REALLY advanced to already have SP3. Half the world is still recovering/suffering from the impact of SP2! :p

Don't know about your MP3-prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back