String Theroy

Rory7

Anybody here know of or accept String Theory as a link between Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity?

Maybe you could explain the Math to some of us tech folk here. We only go as far as electrons on this forum. :D

If you could give us a brief summary of what you know about it (in laymans terms), then you may have some discussion on your hands. Over to you ...

Basically, there are two philosophies on the universe, the philsophiophy on things that happen at the sub atomic level, which tends to be rather eratic and all togeather crazy, this philosophy is known as Quantum Mechanics. The other philosphy or theory or watever you wish to call it is General Relativity, this expalins all that happens on the massive scale (stars, galaxies black holes ect.) the missing link though, is what connects two such different theroys? Once this is solved of course, you have yourself a TOE (theroy of everything.) String Theroy is what some ppl claim to make this link. However, somthing is only scientifically recognised if it can be experiemented, parts String Theory havnt been able to be experiemented for a while, so its truth has always been conroversial. However, there is soon to be a massive particale acceorator to be built, the most advanced to date. This will make a reinactment of the first billionths of a second after the big bang..i think, so being able to study such small things now wil lead to parts of String Theroy being properly scientifically proven. However, if a theroy can be proved mathematically then thats good for me, i believe in it, do any of you guys?

p.s sorry if i jibbered a bit, i tend to do it wen discussing such things, also excuse my terribly bad grammar and spelling, but i am so set in my ways that i carnt get out of them.

Thx Rory, another thing i know:grinthumb
The tings you can learn on a tech forum. I've read a few of the links i posted, it seems very interesting:D. If i only had the time:(

Greets Crazy,

Yeah, I know a bit about the string theroy (I'm 13). Saw a cool little program on it on PBS. I was kind of confused at the end when it said that the scientists came up with 5 theroies and all of them were right. Where are the scientists at now? Greets, elamigo2004

Back