Strong PC sales push Intel to record chip sales

By Scorpus
Jul 16, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Surprisingly strong PC sales has pushed Intel's PC client group to record unit sales, helping deliver a better-than-expected earnings report for the second quarter of 2014.

Read more
  2. Damn pc why can't you just die so market analysis can be happy?
  3. EClyde

EClyde TS Maniac Posts: 619   +145

You can only do so much with a tablet. candy crush and a buncha bulloney apps
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Damn tablets! Why can't you satisfy my needs, so I can finally send my PC to landfill?
  5. andrew_C

andrew_C TS Rookie

Makes me want to say "Hah, In Your Face !" to those so-called "market analyst experts" who keep predicting the death of PCs.

As long as tablets cannot even run Crysis 1, PCs will never die !
  6. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Evangelist Posts: 488   +123

because playing crysis 1 is important to 99% of PC users... Also windows tablets can play crysis 1 (scales down well)

Well this didn't surprise me for q2, its the quarter following windows XP's EOL so it make sense the a lot of people bought new computers. Tablets have definitely slowed in my store except for windows and ipad sales, the android sales have really slowed, seems like the android market is slowing down overall (over saturation lack of innovation?)
  7. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +164

I hope they hold off as long as they can on releasing Broadwell.
  8. Thylbana Nyx

Thylbana Nyx TS Member

Intel, say thank you to CIG as well.
  9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

10. kilai

kilai TS Rookie

CIG = Cloud Imperium Games