Stuborn Virus/Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to shake this virus/malware infections. I have tried all sorts of av and Spyware programs. I have formatted the harddrive and reinstalled xp serveral times. I've wiped the disk using Maxtor's dos zeroing low level format. I've flashed the bios with the latest dell update overwritting a possible flash memory infection.

The problem is the registry appears to be overwritten during boot. I get a Registry Recovery message "One of the files containg the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was sucessful." Then a few days go by and we start accumulating all sorts of good stuff (trojans, bad sites visited, malware, etc) Eventually the os crashed and I have to reinstall windows.

I've tried installing a different os like win 2003 servers but the virus seems to disallow certain files from being installed. I though perhaps the windows xp cd I use has the virus but I've installed the same cd on other machines and have not seem this virus.

If anybody has any insight please let me know before I chuck this box onto the highway!

Up to step 6 and I may have found something, we'll see...

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 07/30/2008 at 08:59 PM

Application Version : 4.15.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 3522
Trace Rules Database Version: 1512

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:14:32

Memory items scanned : 420
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 2867
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 9796
File threats detected : 1

Trojan.Malware
C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{971ED10F-8E66-4507-BA59-41DC3CF601C3}\RP22\A0002922.EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back