stuck at OS loading screen then auto reboot and repeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening,

I'm desperately seeking for help/tips how to troubleshoot this problem i'm having. Any help/ideas/tips is greatly appreciated.

I recall the last time my pc was working fine until i open a bittorrent client (ABC). I've been using this bittorrent client for quite sometime and it never give me any problem before until this time. After i opened the BT client my computer prompted me on my taskbar alerting me that some corrupted/missing file. So i tried to reboot my computer but for some reason my computer shut down automatically.

When i boot the computer up i got a black screen prompting me that the windows did not start successfully, and i was giving the option to choose:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last known Good Configuration
Start Windows Normally

So i tried all of the options and all options led me stuck at the OS loading screen. At first the OS screen loads normally until about 3 seconds later the loading bar freezed for about 3 seconds then it resume to load for about few more seconds then it freezed again then it would automatically reboot and prompt me the black screen again with options.

I also tried to bootup windows setup with my Windows Xp Professional disc. My computer is setup with VIA technology RAID 0(zero) so i had to go through additional steps to install RAID drivers each time i want to enter windows setup. However when i got to the "Welcome to Setup" i was given 2 options either to enter Recovery Console or Enter to proceed set up Windows Xp. Both options led me to a frozen blue screen with some wording at the bottom writting "examining 76333 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on viaraid...." at this state ALT + CTRL + DEL would not work, so i had to force shutdown or reset.

Sorry for long post, but i really hope that i can explain in detail as possible, so helper can get an idea what is my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

PS: I suspect that the problem may be software malfunctioning but then i could be wrong.

While i've never heard of ABC client, i can say with a good guress, that its a master boot record virus. Brother, you have my sympathy.

cyrax said:
While i've never heard of ABC client, i can say with a good guress, that its a master boot record virus. Brother, you have my sympathy.

thanks for your reply, i do not think it's a virus symptom but i cannot be sure though. my problem is somewhat similar to this https://www.techspot.com/vb/post240825-232.html
except that my setup is RAID 0 setup with winxp pro.

problem still not solved yet at time of writting this.

It sounds like either system files are corrupted or a raid controller problem and if yours is built in then you now have a motherboard problem. The drivers you are loading are working but the drives aren't working properly. Since you are in a raid "0" configuration, you are striping your data and if any of the system files became corrupted you have a further problem since the data has been spread across two drives. You need to figure out which drive is the drive containing the corrupted files and the replace them with fresh ones from your win xp pro disc. I'm not sure exactly how to do this although the recovery console is the way in IF and ONLY if you installed the recovery console on your operating system. You must install it separate from the O/S install. It is on your disc and you install it by running cmdcon from a command prompt although it's too late now if you didn't.

I would try to format the drives from a floppy. I would put fdisk on a floppy and run it to format the drives which should take care of the freezing problem if it is a data corruption problem and allow you to perform a "true" clean install.

If this doesn't allow you to proceed with a clean install then you are experiencing a hardware problem either with one of the two drives or a raid controller problem. I haven't had much experience with raid and this is mostly book troubleshooting but hey it's a idea or two.

Good luck and let me know it this helped.

Respectfully,
tekman42

thank you tekman42 for your reply. though im desperate to get the machine back up, i did not follow you step. i enter the raid setup and delete my raid 0, then i reboot with winxp cd and i was able to enter "Welcome to Setup" successfully, from there i do a clean format and now i'm back on my desktop.

thanks again really appreciated. have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back