Stuck on Glue

AMDIsTheBest010

hey all-

I peeled the sticker, off my eMachines T3882, and now there is a residue from the glue stuck on the bezel and water wont take it off. I didnt know if anyone knows of any solvents that would take it off, but not harm the plastic bezel.

...AMD

Acetone works well too.Just make sure you get a can of acetone from a hardware store that is ment to be used as a solvent.Don't use nailpolish remover. (nailpolish remover which is mostly acetine contains dye that might stain the case)

howard_hopkinso said:
Ah yes those damn stickers lol.

I find a little cooking oil does the trick.

Regards Howard :)

Wow thats a cool thing to consider! Ive used this stuff Called Oops (Strong Solvent) but the oil is somthign to keep in mind.

Well, clear acetone will work the best of anything. IsoOctane will also work but it will harm the plastic. Isopropyl alcohol will also work and won't harm anything.

If you want to avoid chemicals like those, Peanut Butter will work. I imagine same principal as the cooking oil Howard suggested. Just apply and let sit for a good while (30 minutes or longer - longer the better) then wipe off with paper towel, repeat if necessary.

Back