TechSpot

studdring sounds

By ydnar001
Feb 29, 2004
  1. ok this one has me puzzled, after I would run my pc for awhile it would lock up and when I signed onto AOL the welcome greeting would make a studdering noise. I checked some music files on my Hard drive and they would skip and studder also. I have ran scan disk defrag and found no errors I have reinstalled win 98 with compaq restore disk then I upgraded to win xp, seems not lock up no more but when I signed off AOL it made studdering noise again. I checked inside the case all the fans are running the cpu and power supply. So any ideas out there for me?

Thanks for all your help

Randy

2. Hitman`

Hitman` TS Rookie Posts: 41

most likely its the sound file itself being corrupt, i cant think of another real good explanation at the moment.

3. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

How much hard drive space do you have free? When is the last time you've run a defrag? Are there other programs running in the backround? It sounds suspiciously like you've got a resource hog in there somewhere eating your memory up.

4. Godataloss

Godataloss TS Rookie Posts: 482

:haha: y-y-y-y-yyou-you've g-g-g-g-got m-m-m-m-mail!
    :bounce: HOORAY!
    puke:AOL

5. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

{what was him name?}

MAX HEADROOM!!!! :haha:

6. ydnar001

ydnar001 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hello, everyone after some research and trial and error I found out the problem My cd burner was coming on for no apparent reason, it had no disk in it and I never tried to access it. The cd burner light was on and I t was soild red. I upluged the power and data cable, and everthing is running smooth. My next post will be on my cd burner. Thank you all for your help.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.