Studdring sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok this one has me puzzled, after I would run my pc for awhile it would lock up and when I signed onto AOL the welcome greeting would make a studdering noise. I checked some music files on my Hard drive and they would skip and studder also. I have ran scan disk defrag and found no errors I have reinstalled win 98 with compaq restore disk then I upgraded to win xp, seems not lock up no more but when I signed off AOL it made studdering noise again. I checked inside the case all the fans are running the cpu and power supply. So any ideas out there for me?

Thanks for all your help

Randy

most likely its the sound file itself being corrupt, i cant think of another real good explanation at the moment.

How much hard drive space do you have free? When is the last time you've run a defrag? Are there other programs running in the backround? It sounds suspiciously like you've got a resource hog in there somewhere eating your memory up.

Hello, everyone after some research and trial and error I found out the problem My cd burner was coming on for no apparent reason, it had no disk in it and I never tried to access it. The cd burner light was on and I t was soild red. I upluged the power and data cable, and everthing is running smooth. My next post will be on my cd burner. Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back