Student edition for office 2007 vs. normal edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

judicious

Is there really a difference between the student verison of the office 2007? I know a friend that can get the ultimate for a pretty cheap price....but would have to verify as a student..my question would be...is there really a difference?? what about for photoshop? the adobe cs3 web premium edition?

thanks.......

What's included in Office Home and Student 2007
Excel 2007
OneNote 2007
PowerPoint 2007
Word 2007

What's included in Office Standard 2007
Excel 2007
Outlook 2007
PowerPoint 2007
Word 2007

What's included in Office Ultimate 2007
Access 2007
Excel 2007
InfoPath 2007
Groove 2007
OneNote 2007
Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager
PowerPoint 2007
Publisher 2007
Word 2007

It is unbelievable to me that MS did not include Outlook in the Student Edition. Therefore, I may just give Thunderbird a try.

The only real advantage I see with Outlook over Thunderbird is that Thunderbird can't deal with Exchange servers, so you have to go IMAP which is no good compared to Exchange.

The Student version I think allows you to install on up to 3 computers, the Professional and Ultimate versions only allow 1 installation.

I would not go with ultimate unless you are going to use the extra programs that come with it.
I second SNGX1275 on what he said about outlook. If you have any exchange account, you will need outlook because exchange requires proxy settings, which are not included in Thunderbird :)

Goodluck!!

You gotta love Student editions... There is no differences really in the programs themselves... I believe its all just licensing that is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back