TechSpot

Stuioworks 700s 15 inch Monitor

By Milhouse
Mar 11, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi all!!

i have a problem with my Stuioworks 700s 15 inch Monitor,when i turn my pc on then the the monitor, its just blank, the led comes on and there is no picture. it is the monitor the vidoe card and the pc is fine. does any one have and input?? or know off a way to take the back off it?? iv only had the monitor for a year, os its not that old.
    thanking you in advance
  2. gwhite

gwhite Newcomer, in training Posts: 47

I would try the monitor on a different computer. Did you change refresh rates or display settings before this happened. I've seen this happen if you set windows to use a refresh rate or screen size that the monitor can't handle. If it works fine on another computer, try hitting F8 on start up to get into safe mode and change your display settings to the lowest they'll go and restart. Or borrow someone elses monitor and try to get into windows. If so then lower the settings and try again. Unless you are good with electronics testing, I wouldn't take the monitor apart. Take it to a shop to get looked at. They can give you a nasty shock if you poke around at the wrong things.
  3. Milhouse

Milhouse Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 57

did those things you suggested.....

i did those things you suggested, i put the monitor onto my other system and same thing it wont work. i plugged my other monitor into the other machine and reduced the refresh rate down to 60 (its the lowest it will go) and then dropped the res down to 800x600. plugged the monitor back in....and it worked. it booted to windows and last bout 5mins then just went blank, the led was green, to say it was on, but no picture.
    i dont want to spend the money and buy another on, i can tell ya.
  4. gwhite

gwhite Newcomer, in training Posts: 47

Well you could take it in to a shop an get an estimate to fix it, but 15" crt monitors not very expensive. A new one might be less expensive than repairing your old one. A cheaper way would be to go on e-bay and find a kvm switch and share the one good monitor you have between the two systems. Fixing it yourself is unadvisable unless you really know what you are doing.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.