Stutter/Static-y sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have been major problems with my speakers and sound card. I have razer barracuda AC-1 Sound Card and logitech z-5500 speakers. Ok here is the problem:

When I play music:
- it always starts out with a stutter and has random stutters throughout the song
- when no music is playing there is a slight static from the speakers

When I play games like CS:
- after a while of playing like 30 minutes... static kicks in and IT IS ANNOYING (like constant static playing along the game noises)

I have all the latest drivers, disable onboard sound... I don't know what else to do
I contact razer and they told me to test the sound card on another computer but I don't have another computer to do that

Other info:
I tried the onboard sound and it stutters also
sometimes when i switch s/pdif input on the razer control panel sound comes out from the wrong speakers

(my guess is its razers stupid drivers and sound card but im stupid too so i really dont know)

My system:
Intel q6600
2 gb Corsair Ram
Cooler Master Extreme 600W PSU
Abit Ip35 Pro Mobo
EVGA 8800 GT

Don't know what else info you need BUT PLEASE HELP... thanks! :darth:

but im stupid too so i really dont know)
That's funny, made me laugh :)

Anyway, I think it's the speakers themselves, probably been put up too high by the kids !
Anyway, try to borrow someones speakers, or use headphones to test (headphones; speakers whichever)

kimsland said:
That's funny, made me laugh :)

Anyway, I think it's the speakers themselves, probably been put up too high by the kids !
Anyway, try to borrow someones speakers, or use headphones to test (headphones; speakers whichever)

yea i was hoping the same thing, but I have tried other speakers and I get the same static stutter results.. thanks for the help though

after a while of playing like 30 minutes... static kicks in

Well that really points to hardware fault (overheating probably)

I'd suggest opening the side cover (hardware experience and manual required)
And blow out all the dust/debri (power out)

You may also want to recheck your cooling airflow

Usually 1 fan sucks in (say from the front) and another fan blows out (say from the back) The CPU fan sucks in, and case fans shouldn't blow directly on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back