Sudden Change --- Computer slows intermittently

r3claimer

Hello all,

I'm experiencing a very frustrating problem. After a recent move, my computer will (semi) randomly slow to a crawl for a few minutes while loading programs. However, this only appears to be affecting the programs trying to run, but not the whole computer (for example, the mouse experiences no lag, programs themselves only slow to a crawl).

Since this change was very sudden, I figured perhaps something was jostled loose during the move. I opened up the computer and made sure all the connections were good. No change. Then after attempting to reboot the computer, no start-up occurred. After a couple more attempts, the computer stated up but sent me to BIOS with a message something along the lines of UEFI Boot: No Image File Detected. Having no idea what this meant, I simply restarted the computer again, same result. One last try, it bypassed this process and stated up as it normally would, but the slowing was still present. I checked computer temperatures, but I'm not seeing anything unusual.

I built this computer a year and a half or so ago, but I am by no means an expert, and I honestly have zero idea what to be looking for. I'm sure it's possible something was damaged, though I had no indication in the moving process that the computer experienced anything that would have that result (and I'd have no way of knowing if something was amiss unless the hardware were physically broken).

I'd really appreciate any advice/help/recommendations/or insight you guys and gals might be able to provide.

Back