Sudden reboot, can someone help me with minidumps please?

Hello everybody,So I have an always on dedicated pc just for Internet and I haven't install anything on it since 1 years ago.to day I attached my portable HDD and wanted to copy some videos and suddenly system had a reboot without BSOD.
it was very strange since I haven't any additional software or game etc....and my system is absolutely virus free.(Avira anti-vir with daily updates)
windows XP pro sp3
CPU celeron 3.06
ram 1GB

im noob,so any help would be appreciated.here is my 3 minidumps:

Attachments

• Mini032912-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 3
  • Mini072511-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini112811-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 2
One error is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware or can be caused sometimes by drivers. The AVG driver avgntflt.sys was cited as the cause of this crash.

The other two errors are the same 0xEA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

The Intel Onboard video driver igxpdv32.dll was cited as the cause in both files.

Question: Did you buy this system and if so what is the make,i.e. Dell, HP, etc.

If you or someone else built it what is the make of your motherboard?

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: avgntflt.sys. Which is an Avira Minifilter Driver. The driver might have broken while your anti virus was interrogating the external HD

Thank you two for answers.I really appreciate that.
One error is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware or can be caused sometimes by drivers. The AVG driver avgntflt.sys was cited as the cause of this crash.

The other two errors are the same 0xEA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

The Intel Onboard video driver igxpdv32.dll was cited as the cause in both files.

Question: Did you buy this system and if so what is the make,i.e. Dell, HP, etc.

If you or someone else built it what is the make of your motherboard?

so the recent crash caused by Avira service or driver?updating Avira main product to a newer version would be helpful?
My system is an assembled one.motherboard made by Foxconn and the model is:G31mx

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: avgntflt.sys. Which is an Avira Minifilter Driver. The driver might have broken while your anti virus was interrogating the external HD

how can i update avgntflt.sys ?manually update Avira from update tool?

First, I misspoke. It is an Avira driver cited in that one minidump and not AVG as I stated. You could do one of two things: a) use the update tool or go to Avira's website and update to their latest version or b) completely uninstall Avira and then reinstall and update or just install the newest.

Who assemble your system? One like Dell, HP, etc. or was it a local PC shop? Your answer will make a difference on how to proceed.

First, I misspoke. It is an Avira driver cited in that one minidump and not AVG as I stated. You could do one of two things: a) use the update tool or go to Avira's website and update to their latest version or b) completely uninstall Avira and then reinstall and update or just install the newest.

Who assemble your system? One like Dell, HP, etc. or was it a local PC shop? Your answer will make a difference on how to proceed.

Local PC shop

Back