Sudden restart+Blue screen+Unknown device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been getting a lot of blue screens followed by an autorestart lately on my laptop when i was playing warcraft 3.

the spec of my laptop acer travelmate 4151LMi is:

1.6ghz pentium M
128MB NVIDIA Geforce Go 6200
512MB Ram ddr2

After recovering the system said it's something wrong with unknown device which ii don't think i have installed recently

The code for the error is:

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : 80042000 BCP3 : 00000000 BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

i managed to catch a glimpse of what the blue screen gave , i m sure i saw physical memory dump all the time.

I would reformat - unless that is a problem for you. These things just happen randomly. Before reformatting though, check if all your display and bios drivers are up to date.

Regards,

Korrupt

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

A bugcheck of 7F means the following.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

HOping for the best

Ok, I will run all the tests u recommend and come back to u.
First thing first , these are the latest minidumps I put in zip together.

Attachments

• Mini061906-03.zip
    87.6 KB · Views: 7
All three of your minidumps crash at AGRSM.sys. This is your Agere Softmodem Driver.

Try updating the driver. If that doesn`t help. try a different modem.

Regards Howard :)

alright i will update the driver as u instructed.
if i encounter the blue screen again i will let u know. so far everything is going fine

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH !!!

-hanming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back