sugestion for lcd needed

By anupamsps
Jul 24, 2007
  1. hi;
    Can you suggest me 19″/20" wide lcd display within 12K-14K. It will be used for viewing movie , gaming and media purpose. I will be shortly buying nvidia 8800 gts graphics card. So keeping all these things in mind please help me to choose a suitable monitor.

P.S i live in india
  2. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

could u please give us the specs of ur computer?
  3. anupamsps

anupamsps TS Rookie Topic Starter

My confuguration is:
    1. asus P5N32 E SLI --m/b
    2. Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4)
    3. 1gb knigston value ram
    4. 80 gb sata
    5. HP dvd writer(635) -- this is a old one
    6. nvidia xfx 6600 (i'll soon change it to Nvidia 8800 gts within
    couple of month)
    7. monitor suggestion needed {:)}
  4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

by a 20inch lcd from samsung, they're usually pretty good. Gonna cost you 200usd or so but its worth it.
  5. anupamsps

Thanks. But do you have any particular model in mind.
  6. LinkedKube

220bw... samsung of course.
  7. Char_X

Char_X TS Rookie Posts: 170

I recommend you Samsung SyncMaster 204B
  8. anupamsps

what do you think about Asus VW192T?
  9. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 527

Save a little longer. for the best possible display (within reason). I just spent $299 on a 22" Viewsonic. I search and find the best deals. I do have to wait for a few rebates on an ongoing basis, but they are fun to get. I have found that when it comes to graphics, a person is always happier in the long run if they are not always wanting to upgrade (again).
  10. anupamsps

Absolutely fantastic philosophy, the most important part i think is "within reason". That is very hard to maintain. :)

i just found this monitor: Viewsonic VX2235WM 22" Wide Screen LCD Monitor. which cost 28,999. just to remind 1$= 41Indian rupees. Any guess why do i have to more than 100% ? :( .
  11. LinkedKube

SAMSUNG owns viewsonic any day of the week.
  12. Stick'o ram

Stick'o ram TS Rookie Posts: 178

I have a Samsung 19" Widescreen LCD moniter I just got a month or two ago and I did my research before buying it and it has the best features to cost ratio.

It has
    2 Second Response Time (GTG)
    16.7 Million Colors
    2000:1 Contrast Ratio

I have never noticed any bluring what so ever when playing games and movies look great on it. However if I was to buy it again I would have aimed for a larger screen because the recommended screen resoultion is 1444 * 900 and it's not exactly very popular, when it comes to supported screen resoultion in games.

Its a Samsung SyncMaster 906BW, I payed 200 Bucks for it at the time
  13. anupamsps

hi guys
    another one i found is from dell E228WFP. It is 22" lcd. with nice feature. But anyone have experience with dell. How is there after sales services. etc please help me quickly. :)
  14. kpo6969

kpo6969 TS Maniac Posts: 710

They're excellent but you would probably have to wait like 6-8weeks(depending on screensize). They have several new product lines out but the claim is there is a shortage of manufacturing materials(glass) and some people ordering now have est. delivery dates of September. The 22 and 24 inch are especially popular. I don't know about availability in India though.
  15. LinkedKube

you can get dell quality in other name brands, dell lcd's are overpriced just because most people are oblivious to what price/quality should be. Go with a samsung. Good price, good quality.
  16. Stick'o ram

Stick'o ram TS Rookie Posts: 178

I know for a fact that dell lcd moniters don't have the color quality a samsung does, esp. the upper class ones like smash's or my own.

For example:

Samsung - 16.7 million colors
    Dell - 16.2 million colors

I just did the research...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.