TechSpot

Suggested software...

By giyad
Mar 6, 2007
  1. I am looking for a tool that will rip cd's into MP3 format, and write/rip blu ray discs easily and quickly. Whats the best software out there for this? Also, I don't think that windows media player plays Blu-Ray discs, so I was hoping someone could show me a good program for playing those.

Thanks

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

For ripping, try WMP itself. It's pretty good at ripping music CDs and the like into MP3.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

AnyDVD from Slysoft for Blu-Ray

4. giyad

giyad TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 59

Thanks guys ill look into it...

Does WMP rip to MP3? I thought it only did wma? I'll check that out too

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

I'm pretty sure it does. If not CDex does and its free.

6. Rage_3K_Moiz

Yes it does. You just have to go into the settings and change the default file type from WMA to MP3.

7. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

I have a soft-spot for Audio Grabber, which does a reasonable job of ripping cd's to mp3's.

8. giyad

Thanks, I thought I had checked with WMP but it turns out I didn't hehe... So yeah I can use it to rip. but there aren't many options I would prefer a better tool so Im gonna look around. Audio grabber you say?

9. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

Yeah. You need to supply it with a codec for it to do mp3's (as otherwise it'd cost), but aside from that I really like it. It has all the settings I need, and none of the bloat often found in other apps.

10. Sjbrand99

Sjbrand99 Banned Posts: 260

Why not good 'ole iTunes?

Its quicker than WMP + easy.

11. Rage_3K_Moiz

Nah I find iTunes to be as buggy as hell, not to mention quite a bit slower than WMP.

12. giyad

What about for playback, I can't get Blu-Ray movies to playback because there isn't any software that supports it. How do they sell a Blu-Ray player with software that can't play the movies, retards...

13. Rage_3K_Moiz

What Blu-Ray drive do you have? You do know that you need a Blu-Ray drive to play Blu-Ray dics don't you? :)
    Assuming you do have the drive, I think you would need Windows Vista and an HDCP-compliant graphics card to play Blu-Ray discs.

14. giyad

Yeah haha ofcourse... :) I have the Sony BWU-100A, an HD monitor, and the GeForce 7950GT. I just need software hehe

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.