TechSpot

Suggested software...

By giyad
Mar 6, 2007
  1. I am looking for a tool that will rip cd's into MP3 format, and write/rip blu ray discs easily and quickly. Whats the best software out there for this? Also, I don't think that windows media player plays Blu-Ray discs, so I was hoping someone could show me a good program for playing those.

Thanks

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

For ripping, try WMP itself. It's pretty good at ripping music CDs and the like into MP3.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,689   +334

AnyDVD from Slysoft for Blu-Ray

4. giyad

giyad TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 146

Thanks guys ill look into it...

Does WMP rip to MP3? I thought it only did wma? I'll check that out too

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,689   +334

I'm pretty sure it does. If not CDex does and its free.

6. Rage_3K_Moiz

Yes it does. You just have to go into the settings and change the default file type from WMA to MP3.

7. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

I have a soft-spot for Audio Grabber, which does a reasonable job of ripping cd's to mp3's.

8. giyad

Thanks, I thought I had checked with WMP but it turns out I didn't hehe... So yeah I can use it to rip. but there aren't many options I would prefer a better tool so Im gonna look around. Audio grabber you say?

9. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Yeah. You need to supply it with a codec for it to do mp3's (as otherwise it'd cost), but aside from that I really like it. It has all the settings I need, and none of the bloat often found in other apps.

10. Sjbrand99

Sjbrand99 Banned Posts: 267

Why not good 'ole iTunes?

Its quicker than WMP + easy.

11. Rage_3K_Moiz

Nah I find iTunes to be as buggy as hell, not to mention quite a bit slower than WMP.

12. giyad

What about for playback, I can't get Blu-Ray movies to playback because there isn't any software that supports it. How do they sell a Blu-Ray player with software that can't play the movies, retards...

13. Rage_3K_Moiz

What Blu-Ray drive do you have? You do know that you need a Blu-Ray drive to play Blu-Ray dics don't you? :)
    Assuming you do have the drive, I think you would need Windows Vista and an HDCP-compliant graphics card to play Blu-Ray discs.

14. giyad

Yeah haha ofcourse... :) I have the Sony BWU-100A, an HD monitor, and the GeForce 7950GT. I just need software hehe

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.