By beerabuser30
Jan 3, 2006
  1. As some of you know I am really trying to learn as much as possible about computers. I recently built my own computer and have a 3 computer network with some printers attached. I have downloaded many programs to play with from suggestions from people at this site. I am bored and want a new computer toy to play with. I got a fingerprint scanner but that got boring fast, then vonage but that got boring, then knoppix but that got boring I would like to learn about computers instead of playing video games. Anyone have any ideas for me to do to learn besides programming?
  2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Things to do with computers :Build them,program them,sell them,fix them,help other people fix them,play games on them,do work on them,make music on them,edit films on them,turn them off,go to parties,meet real people,and forget them.
  3. zachig

zachig TS Rookie Posts: 23

I say, start experimenting with OVERCLOCKING!!! :grinthumb
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

And what about Linux?
    Or start doing website development.
  5. Ruder

Ruder TS Rookie Posts: 98

Build your own motherboard.
  6. beerabuser30

beerabuser30 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 200

I have heard some bad things about overclocking and my computer runs really fast as it is, I was wondering about building my own web page. Where can you get a relatively cheap domain? I have frontpage and have done some html but that might be fun. Also, building your own motherboards? I haven't heard many people talk about that in these forums, how hard is that?
  7. Ruder

Ruder TS Rookie Posts: 98

Building mobos ... not too hard, else there would not have been so many manufacturers ... :)
  8. zachig

zachig TS Rookie Posts: 23

Hehehe :D
  9. niceboy

niceboy TS Rookie Posts: 54

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.