Sup guys i need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

akstylenyc

sup all, i recently build my new computer and i ran into a little problem..everytime i press the power botton it will boot up for 5 seconds then shut off and then i would have to press power again it will boot up for 5 seconds and it will shut off but usually the 3rd time i press the power it will boot up with no problems. anyone have any clue of why my computer is acting this way?btw this happens mostly on cold starts..now when i shut down my computer on windows it will shut down for 3 seconds then it will start booting up with out me pressing the power..i upgraded all my drivers my bios anyone have any clue why is like this? could it be my powersupply, i have a 580w so i dont think it would be that..any advice would help

thanks in advance

Well some BIOS have a feature, that will reboot your PC after a power failure. It annoying but easy to turn off. I agree, since it is the same amount of time every time, it could be the switch. But what brand of PSU is that? and what are your system specs?

AtK SpAdE said:
Well some BIOS have a feature, that will reboot your PC after a power failure. It annoying but easy to turn off. I agree, since it is the same amount of time every time, it could be the switch. But what brand of PSU is that? and what are your system specs?

i have a abit kv8 pro mobo, AMD 64 3000+ processor , 2x 512 400/ pc3200,580w power supply,ATI x800xt all in wonder video card.

What brand is that PSU. If your rocking a PowMax, or another low end brand, that could be the cause of your trouble.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back