Supreme Commander

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogenmaster

Any you guys play the final level of the UEF yet? I knew there was some cybrans North of me from the constant harrashment up there but I sure wasn't expecting 4 monkey lords to come strolling down the lane reaking havoc on my inadequate defences. HA HA Damn good thing I have a save prior to nuking the Aeon island. I think perhaps some mobile factories and stategic bombers are in order?

Enjoy

Wish I could help you. The game won't so much as open on my machine. Really wanted to play it especially after years of playing the original TA.

cogenmaster said:
Any you guys play the final level of the UEF yet? I knew there was some cybrans North of me from the constant harrashment up there but I sure wasn't expecting 4 monkey lords to come strolling down the lane reaking havoc on my inadequate defences. HA HA Damn good thing I have a save prior to nuking the Aeon island. I think perhaps some mobile factories and stategic bombers are in order?

Enjoy
Get Strategic Bombers, build a hell load of T2 point defense and T3 AA (but spread them out a lot), get some mobile heavy artillery, and Fatboys, and if there's water, mass Summits. Upgrade the ACU to tech 3 building (because at tech 3 it builds most experimentals in 5 minutes or less.

The most important thing there is if theres water near the enemy base, get like 6 Summits and use the bombers to kill his torpedo bays. Then send in the Summits, bring down the base and aim for the strategic missile defence, then when it's dead fire some nukes.

The second most important thing is to return your Strategic Bombers to base after killing the torpedoes, because you will need them to kill the Monkeylords.

Also, you might want to build a second strategic launcher so you can build and fire more nukes.

I've never played that mission, but that's what I'd tell you to do if you were in a skirmish with the circumstances you listed.

Of course, I'm fairly newb at SupCom so don't get mad if you thought of and tried all that already, or if it seems too newby to work.

Yea metal I will definatley need some strategic bombers and a lot of tech 2 defence. If you play that level soon don't wipe out the Aeon until you are prepared in the northern section of your base for at least 4 monkey lords and tons of planes. I was watching my son play and knew what was coming and still got beat. My son had just saved after he blew up the aeon and he got the second map expansion so he really screwed I think he plans on starting the hole level over again. Really sorry to here you cant get the game to work HPCE_Larry, I think you would really enjoy it!

I don't play the campaigns... I can't stand SupCom without 3x speed mod that I use in Skirmish mode.

It is an incrediably slow game, but thats why I build lots of engineers and lot of power gens with mass fabs. My factories always have 5 lvl 1 engineers assisting and my commander usually has 3-5 lvl 2 engineers following him around. I like the campaign because it is hard and you can fail, and saving a lot won't necessarily help you. I'm playing the Aeon campaign right now, and I really wish I had my tier 2 artillery.

I have the graphical settings maxed out and the game looks awesome, even on the largest maps with me hitting unit cap.

What do you guys do to speed up your economy, whats your build order right of the gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back