Surface Pro updates and settings

Ok hello. I think I need to update a few things on my surface pro but I am butt ignorant when it
comes to having a clue about anything tech. I can't change a PW without paying a visit to the help
forum after 3 failed attempts
. Shameful, I know.

This was a gift from husband on my 50th b'day, Sep 2015. I cringed when I saw it because it's
just too high tech for me. Here we are over a yr later and I still only use it once a month to pay bills.
I just recently
learned that this gadget also is a camera I can take pics with.

I know I need to get to the point before you doze off. Just want to make sure you're clear on how very
little I know and now you have some history of where its been & what its been up to.

Ok now the question; is there any kind souls reading this that would consider helping me figure out if I
need updates anywhere & everywhere on this thing? I also need assistance in settings as I have never
really personalized this beautiful piece of technology that I am deathly afraid to walk around with as I may
drop it if I'm not ever so careful.

Thank you (in advance) for your patience, kindness & understanding.

Sincerely
2 old 4 this much change
Mrs. C

Left click on the Windows icon in the corner of the screen and look for the cog or Settings icon. Click on that and you'll see Update and security. From there you can check for updates. It may take quite a lot of goes before you fully update Windows 10 which is now on the Anniversary edition. You'll just have to see how that goes. If you need to download and install the Anniversary edition it will take ages. Be sure that you do not interrupt Windows while it is updating. That's extremely important and lots of impatient individuals learn the hard way. They screw up their computers by interrupting the process before it is finished.

I don't see much point in carrying it about unless you are a highly mobile business person. It's basically a very neat laptop that can be separated from the keyboard and used as a tablet. A smartphone would be more practical to carry around and maybe for taking snapshots. As for customising it the default settings will be more than adequate so leave it alone and keep things simple. For emails and surfing from home the Surface Pro is a thing of beauty. You just need to use it and build your confidence. Some people forget about the Windows Store where apps are available often for free. Find the Weather app for a start which is already installed for you.

Back