Surge Protection!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNagual

What are the things to look for when buying a good surge protector? I just bought one, and it appears that it is not good enough for my power consumption. It starts beeping (the UPS that is) as soon as I start playing a game, whining that I am using too much power. Whimpy little thing.

So I am going to buy a new one. What do I look for? How do I know it can handle my needs?

DonNagual said:
What are the things to look for when buying a good surge protector? I just bought one, and it appears that it is not good enough for my power consumption. It starts beeping (the UPS that is) as soon as I start playing a game, whining that I am using too much power. Whimpy little thing.

So I am going to buy a new one. What do I look for? How do I know it can handle my needs?
Avoid using your computer until you get a new UPS, it can kill your computer when under-powered for your requirements for example.

Buying a new UPS - Totaling your power usage in WATTs, add 30% (due to majority of consumer level UPSs didn't use sinusoidal outputs) to convert to VA, add another 25% (+3dB fudge factor) to the determined VA value for final nominal required UPS VA rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back