TechSpot

Survey finds teens ditching Facebook in favor of Instagram

1. While Facebook may be the biggest social network in the world, it isn't exactly the place where teens like to spend their virtual time nowadays. According to a survey conducted by investment bank Piper Jaffray, Instagram is the new cool...

Read more

2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 563   +172

Do they really need a survey to figure this out? Why not just look at user statistics since they already profile and collect information on users.

3. BlueDrake

BlueDrake TS Evangelist Posts: 350   +103

They would rather waste time and money on surveys, that already tell us what we should obviously know. There's surveys on surveys, and how much money they waste. Do we need the survey? No, it's just a good excuse to waste said needless time and money.

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,556   +861

Hey guys lets switch to instagram (which is owned by facebook) AND twitter even though facebook does both of what those do!

the more social media accounts to keep track of the better amirite?

/sarcasm

5. The difference is that Twitter and Instagram aren't plastered with their parents, grandparents, uncles and so on.

6. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,310   +56

I think everyone is losing interest because the devices are getting smaller and you just can't read them anymore, perhaps because of pollution.

7. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,392   +107

Facebook pretty much owns everything on the internet. Google might be up for grabs soon too. Just some college guys started Facebook and now look where it's at. Lots of ads an loose privacy issues forces so many to level Facebook. I guess no one wants to go to the library anymore to hang out.

8. yorro

yorro TS Booster Posts: 251

I noticed the trend myself.

9. mizkitty

mizkitty TS Enthusiast Posts: 38   +7

They also could have asked any adult with teenagers...

10. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 910   +386

To take it to the Nth degree, it's time for a congressional "blue ribbon" fact finding mission to the Bahama's (in January of course), and several federal grants to some unknown group to the tune of several billion dollars...just to make sure we get all the information LOL.

11. Amazingly, instagraam sold too early. The founders left a lot of money on the table, lol.