SuSe Linux Wifi card

By golfing22
May 29, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm going to be getting a new laptop soon and i'm going to put Suse 10 on it. I was wondering how good the support for wifi cards is with SuSe.

I plan on using the Auditor and some other tools like AirSnort, AirCrack, etc so I would like good support for those programs also.

I was thinking about buying this bundle at Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127150) and I was wondering if Linux/Suse/Auditor would work good with that wifi card.

thanks,
    golfing22
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

You have to find out what chip that wireless card uses. And then check individually whether SuSE supports it and whether all your script kiddie tools support it.
  3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Most cards that don't have native Linux drivers might work with NdisWrapper.
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,291   +226

You'd have to check like Nodsu says, but yesterday there was an article on digg.com about how OpenSuSe supports more hardware than WindowsXP does.
  5. golfing22

golfing22 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 33

Well thanks for all the help

-golfing22
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.