Suse Professional???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperCheetah

Anyone know where I might could find a copy of the latest Suse Professional release for free? I've heard good things about their product and want to give it a try.

Also, I've tried downloading the regular Suse ISO, but I get cut off every time. I think their servers are very poor, or their are tons of people downloading their product ALL the time. :)

Professional version isn't free. It's about 95 EUR here, containing 7 CDs and 1 DVD. For free ISOs, try different mirrors.

I was just wondering, thanks though. Also, I've heard about Suse's next version having a graphical interface that can compete with XP. Does anyone know if this is true or not???

Hahahahahaha! It's true already, XFree86 window managers can be customized with virtually no limits so it's up to the user, really. Take a look of some Linux screenshots in What does your desktop look like?. Personally, I think Gnome 1.4 with Enlightenment customized by me beats any GUI, even BeOS's ;)

Ok, I think I'm going to download the new version of Suse when it comes out next month. www.suse.com

I've always had problems downloading from their mirrors though. Does anyone know anywhere else I might get their OS from???

There might be some stores around your area that sell burned ISO-images. Here, for example, I could offer *checks the catalog* .. hmm, no SuSE, but Red Hat 7.2, 5 CDs, 33 EUR, Caldera OpenLinux 3.1 beta 10 EUR and so on. It's cheaper than downloading with 56k modem.
Or, ask a friend who has a better connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back