Inactive Svchost virus, redirect virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems with my PC with the svchost.exe running my CPU at 99% which I think is a virus. Also google/bing/yahoo search results are redirecting to wrong websites. I have AVG free running and have run MBAM several times without luck and followed the 8 steps.
Here are logs. I would appreciate any and all help on these issues. Thanks!

Attachments

• Attach.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DDS.txt
    12 KB · Views: 1
  • GMER_log.log
    3.1 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2010-07-05 (01-08-47).txt
    899 bytes · Views: 1
Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  1. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  2. Close any open browsers.
  3. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
    NOTE1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.
    • Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  4. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  5. When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  6. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt"
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

How is redirection and CPU usage?

Uninstall Combofix:
Go Start > Run [Vista users, go Start>"Start search"]
Type in:
Combofix /Uninstall
Note the space between the "Combofix" and the "/Uninstall"
Click OK (Vista users - press Enter).
Restart computer.

==================================================================

Download OTL to your Desktop.

* Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
* Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
drivers32 /all
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
%systemroot%\system32\*.wt
%systemroot%\system32\*.ruy
%systemroot%\Fonts\*.com
%systemroot%\Fonts\*.dll
%systemroot%\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.tmp
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
/md5start
/md5stop
CREATERESTOREPOINT
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\user32.dll /md5
%systemroot%\system32\ws2_32.dll /md5
%systemroot%\system32\ws2help.dll /md5
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

* Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows: OTL.txt and Extras.txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them back here.

Ran OTL

I'm not currently having redirect or CPU usage issues. Hopefully that continues! Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• OTL.Txt
    48.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Extras.Txt
    31.9 KB · Views: 1
Very good :)

Update your Java version here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
During installation, make sure to UN-check any pre-checked extra "garbage" installation, like Yahoo toolbar, or others.
Uninstall all previous Java versions, through Add\Remove (Programs & Features in Vista/7).

====================================================================

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

Code:
    :OTL
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\catchme.sys -- (catchme)
    IE - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyServer" = http=127.0.0.1:5555
    O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
    [1 C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\*.tmp files -> C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\*.tmp -> ]
    @Alternate Data Stream - 123 bytes -> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:9E985157

:Services

:Reg

:Files

:Commands
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [emptyflash]
    [resethosts]
    [Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • You will get a log that shows the results of the fix. Please post it.
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back