svhost32.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfatgoalie

Hi all,

I have this problem driving me mad now.

In my processes are the following which I know are virus/trojan/malware:

SVCH0ST.exe (i.e. with a zero and not the letter!)
svhost32.exe

Weirdly these items show up on the notepad (i.e. saved log) of Hijackthis but they dont appear on the actual tool screen, i mean the page where you can tick the box to fix them. So i cant fix them! I know this sounds obsurd but its true!

Also everytime i reboot, Counterspy detects that a program (SVHOST32.exe) is trying to add itself to start up, i delete it but it still pops up evrytime I reboot.

there is a svhost32.exe file hiding in a microsoft file in my program files, even deleting this after killing the schost32.exe process only means it comes back again when i re-boot!

I cannot also find either of the above on Autoruns.

My feeling is that these files are hiding behind another process / file that is respawing them when I reboot, it is that, i reckon, that i need to find and kill so they never come back!!

Any ideas?? I have followed the prelim instructions and used Smitfraud as well but still no luck!

Please help if poss!

Cheers!

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Bigfatgoalie only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back