SW didnt installise because windows is shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

hynesy

I think im infected, i dont know how:s, but i keep getting an error message when i go to shutdown saying "The program SW didn't installise becasuse the windows station is shutting down". Also I have some sort of spyware called MATNET or MAGNET or MAGNAT, im not really sure.
If you need a hijackthis log, i got one ready.
cheers
hynesy

If you suspect a virus/spyware problem, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of hynesy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you for your reply Howard. I have followed the instructions in that threat above even though you didn't leave a link, i knew which one you were refering too.
Results
Online scanners - F-secure found one item
trendmicro online found none, bitdefender found nothing it is my internet security suit so no need to do it online and Kaspersky found nothing.
I am sacnning with edwido now.
cheers
hynesy

Thanks for the reply howard, i finished running edwido it found 12 problems which it fixed. I don't know how i get virus etc. i have a really good browsing habit, but it is a shared computer. anyway here's my hijackthis log.
cheers
hynesy

Just have HJT fix this inactive entry.

O21 - SSODL: bestreak - {874443fe-aa33-4ebf-a6ac-73208787e62d} - (no file)

Other than that your HJT log is clean. However, I can`t see any firewall software on your system. If you don`t have any, I suggest you get some ASAP. The free Zonealarm or the free Kerio firewall programmes are very good. Just Google for them.

Thanks howard, i fixed the entry you said, I have bitdefender firewall installed, but i know bitdefender isnt known for its firewall but for its scanning engine, do you still suggest zone alarm, i had it on before a did a reformat a little while ago and was very happy with it.
cheers
hynesy

If your happy with Bitdefenders firewall it`s ok.

If you do decide to install Zonealarm, be sure to disable the Bitdefender firewall.

well, would it take up alot of RAM if I had the free zone alarm and bitdefender (minus the firewall) running in the background?
cheers
hynesy

I`ve been running zonealarm for quite a long time and have never had any problems.

In answer to your question, try it and see what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back