TechSpot

Sweex Router, can i set my broadband to use this instead?

By imhiya2
Aug 5, 2006
  1. Title pretty much asks it.

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

As you dont say how you get your broadband or what exact model of router you have , i cant say for certain, however I googled the make and I got this

What does this Sweex router have ?

This broadband router has four ports for four devices on your home network and two ports for connection to either a cable-or ADSL modem (or any other network). Is has a built-in NAT-firewall and a DHCP-server that gives your devices their home network IP-address. It also acts as a switch, which means that not all traffic is sent to all machines all the time but only to the device really concerned. This also means that maximum speed - 10mbits or 100mbits depending on your network cards and cables - is always guaranteed and not split up over every connection like it would be when you are using a simple hub.

So I think the answer is yes, the website is here

Regards

3. imhiya2

imhiya2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok, i can get it to work by just using a utp cable from my asdl router/modem to the sweex router but about every hour it just disconnects the internet and somtimes comes up "conflict with ip" but they are using different ips. i like to add one of the computers isnt wireless and is plugged straight into the sweex router.

Could the non wireless computer be affecting the internet?

4. joked u 2

joked u 2 TS Rookie Posts: 128

shouldn't they should be on the same network, unless you have setup it up differently

5. imhiya2

imhiya2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

its weird tho, i guess were just gonna send it bk and just get a wireless network hub

Thanks anyway.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.