Sweex Router, can i set my broadband to use this instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
imhiya2 said:
Title pretty much asks it.

As you dont say how you get your broadband or what exact model of router you have , i cant say for certain, however I googled the make and I got this

What does this Sweex router have ?

This broadband router has four ports for four devices on your home network and two ports for connection to either a cable-or ADSL modem (or any other network). Is has a built-in NAT-firewall and a DHCP-server that gives your devices their home network IP-address. It also acts as a switch, which means that not all traffic is sent to all machines all the time but only to the device really concerned. This also means that maximum speed - 10mbits or 100mbits depending on your network cards and cables - is always guaranteed and not split up over every connection like it would be when you are using a simple hub.

So I think the answer is yes, the website is here

Regards

ok, i can get it to work by just using a utp cable from my asdl router/modem to the sweex router but about every hour it just disconnects the internet and somtimes comes up "conflict with ip" but they are using different ips. i like to add one of the computers isnt wireless and is plugged straight into the sweex router.

Could the non wireless computer be affecting the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back