Sweex soundcard problem (help needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyboby. I have a Sweex Soundcard 5.1 and 5.1 speakers. Everything was working fine until I had to format my hard drive. I have instaled the original drivers and applications as well as the most recent which I've downloaded from the Sweex website.

My problem is that I'm only getting sound from my 2 front speakers.
I've selected 5.1 speakers at the control panel as well as in the soundcard software and nothing works.

I find it weird because everything was working fine until I formated the hard drive. When I first bought the soundcard I had the same problem, but I managed to make it work although I can't remenber how because it was a long time ago. :confused:

Can anyone help me please?

Just to clarify-
Your sound card is the listed as the default device for sound output in control panel.
It`s listed in the hardware tab.All volume controls are unmuted.All plugs are in the right sockets ?

Absolutely. The sound card is the default device and it is listed in the hardware tab with the drivers properly instaled. Everything else that you mentioned is also correct. Everything unmuted and in the right sockets.

in Device manager are there any devices showing a yellow quesion mark or a yellow triangle next to them? also when you reformated and reinstalled windows did you install the motherboard drivers?

No Iss, there is no yellow question mark or triangle. And yes, I did install all of my motherboard drivers..
Everything seems ok, thats why I don't understand why I'm only getting sound from 2 of the speakers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back