swiftdog virus or real??

Status
Not open for further replies.

topps999

ok i had game thrust and it was about to run out of trial period and i was askin my friend to lend me £10 so i cud buy a license, and he sed i have a code and give me a code so i entereed it and now im getting this::--

sofware piracy notice -- important please read inmediately

notice of illegal sofware piracy and copyright infringement

sofware bame : ramsmash date/time : 17 - 02 - 2007

ip address : 201.*********** ilegal serial : 418360195298869380+4+2180204

This computer program is protected by copyright law and international treaties. Unauthorized
reproduction or distribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal
penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.

This computer program which has been installed and used on this computer is in violation of the software
terms of agreement (sections: 3, 7 and 8) , as well as being in violation of copyright law. This computer
was logged over the internet with this computer program being accessed and used illegally. The
information in this notice has been transmitted over the internet to the company SWIFTDOG for
immediate investigation into copyright infringement/software piracy claim(s). Information including your
IP ADDRESS, ISP INFORMATION and SERIAL NUMBER entered have been obtained.

An individual with direct access to this computer has installed this copyright protected computer program
and has intentionally entered an illegally obtained serial number, and/or has applied a software patch to
circumvent the protection mechanism(s) of this computer program to gain unrestricted access to the
computer program. The illegal serial number entered and date/time of this incident is noted above.

Copies of this information have been transmitted over the internet to the company SWIFTDOG in regards
to this matter; in order to protect our intellectual property rights as well as to open a case to investigate
this matter. Removal of this computer program does not limit our legal rights or claims. All copyright
violations are investigated with the data we have obtained. Intentional criminal copyright infringement is
a violation of international law and is punishable with a fine of up to $250,000 USD and/or imprisonment.

You are advised to obtain a legal license of the software by purchasing a valid license; as you are in
direct violation of the software terms of agreement. Removal of this software piracy notice can be
obtained at our website (www.swiftdog.com) and/or by following instructions included in the software
terms of agreement included with this software (license.txt).

--> click here to become legal and purchase a valid licence for the software

---does this mean i have to buy a licence or is it some type of virus?, please help because if its real i dont want to get imprision/pay fine

Why are you running two antivirus programmes, Avast and AVG? This is not recommended, will slow your system down and can cause serious conflicts. Uninstall one antivirus programme immediately.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

SysUtil.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Piracy] "C:\Windows\SysUtil.exe" /PIRACY

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Windows\SysUtil.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

ok, done everything you said, and i had 3 antiviruses running for viruses as i though it could be a virus/worm, anyhow i got rid of about 23 differnet things, then folowed your instructions to the word, except the task manager bit because i couldn't find it, anyhow, heres my new log...

Have HJT fix this entry.

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

Other than that, your HJT log is clean.

I can`t stress enough, how important it is you only have one antivirus programme running. AVG and Avast are both still running on your system.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of topps999 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

ok, well which out of any antivirus would you pick, free or not free, but not one that will slow my computer down a lot, etc mc'afee/norton , and thanks a lot!

thanks, i already have most of them like u sed, i used to use spybot s and d but i quit using it when i found avg and avast, im going to get zonealarm as my firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back