Switchboard PCA / display lid switch cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastice9

I was taking apart a HP Compaq nx9010 for the first time and one of the steps was to "Disconnect the 2-wire cable that connects the switchboard PCA to the display lid switch."

Well it didn't want to come out, it wanted to break. So now I have female piece with plastic stuck in it and a couple of wire ends. I want to fix this because I believe that the effect will be the screen not turning off when I shut the lid? Which would be a waste of power.

What should I do? Where can I find a replacement cable? I've been googling but I don't really know what to search for.

lidswitch001oh2.jpg

lidswitch002cp4.jpg

lidswitch003sk2.jpg

Pull out the plastic connector with a small flat screwdriver or possibly some small pliers.
Then repair it by putting the two wires back in

I can't get it to come out haha, already tried pliers and a screw driver, it just breaks bits of plastic off even more so I don't think putting the wires back in will be much use, I already tried sticking them in while its stuck in there.

Anyhow now I have a bigger problem. I think I might need to buy a new display. After I booted up again everything looks dim / fuzzy / and off color. I think I screwed up the display wire when I was putting it back together. I hate laptops, always such a tight fit for everything inside.

Actually now that I think about it, this laptop does have s-video and external monitor ports (I hooked one up, video quality was fine so it's definately the laptop display). so I can always do that but it kinda defeats the purpose of it being a laptop.

I just had to replace the DVDROM with a DVDRW. why do I always cause myself more problems right after I fix one.

You CAN get this connector

But it may not be exactly the same!
i.e. it might be two individual connectors

It might be best to go to a computer shop (workshop type of computer shop that is)
They have a lot of old connectors and wires, and sometimes broken laptops that may have these parts. That's what I'd do (I don't like the external display idea !)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back