Switching to Crossfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdBlizzardIce

I was thinking of switching my motherboard so i can get crossfire. I currently have an ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard with a geforce 7800 GTX in there. I am not too impressed with the card though. Thought I was going to have little to no lag in all the highest settings for all the games but i get some good lag on them. So I was thinking of switching to get the new x1800 xt comming out in 2 weeks and hook up crossfire. What do you all think?

You should have no lag, what game are you trying btw?
Games like F.E.A.R. might stress your system, but I'd think it'd be at least playable.
You must have some sort of other problem with the system.
You must have lots of $ if you can just get a new motherboard and top of the line video card like that. Hey, if you don't need your 7800gtx anymore, I wouldn't mind having one. :haha:

yeah, i got an asus a8n sli deluxe with a single 7800gtx, no lag on any of the new games such as bf2, hl2, DoD Source. haven't got round to getting F.E.A.R yet but my system will probably perform fine when i do... What are the rest of your pc specs? you could have a bottleneck, but by the sounds of it I think you may just have top of the line components...

If you get a new ATI X1800XT I would be very grateful for a second 7800GTX, seen as you wont be needing it and all.... thanks a span.. my email address should be in the profile ;)

::Edit::
You could even Private message me if email doesn't work...

pkroks said:
yeah, i got an asus a8n sli deluxe with a single 7800gtx, no lag on any of the new games such as bf2, hl2, DoD Source. haven't got round to getting F.E.A.R yet but my system will probably perform fine when i do... What are the rest of your pc specs? you could have a bottleneck, but by the sounds of it I think you may just have top of the line components...

If you get a new ATI X1800XT I would be very grateful for a second 7800GTX, seen as you wont be needing it and all.... thanks a span.. my email address should be in the profile ;)

::Edit::
You could even Private message me if email doesn't work...

My specs:
DFI NF4-DR
Athlon64 X2 4800+ @ 2.6Ghz
OCZ 2GB PC3200 2.5-3-2-5 1T DualChannel
4 x 150GB RaptorX Raid 0
Soundblaster X-fi Elite Pro
256MB Geforce 7800 GTX SLI
Dual 24" Dell 2405FPW Monitor

Please tell me what is the bottleneck on my system which causes lags on about every single game in high(not highest) settings especially F.E.A.R.

I actually am selling two of my 7800GTX for 1900xtx crossfire. If you guys are interested, PM me. Also I have 8 qty 74GB raptors for sale too after I got 4 150GB RaptorX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back