switching users problem

By jisu.
Oct 14, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have Fast User Switching enabled, yet every time I use the "Winkey+L" function, it goes to the classic screen with the "This computer is in use and has been locked" message.
    im not in any network, i have two accounts, plus the admin account, and the guest account is disabled. any help?
  2. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

Fast user switching can block a number of items although I have never heard of your problem.Does this key combination work with FUS turned off. If so turn it off ,then check Microsoft to see if there is a work around .You may not need it anyway,I have found it isn't worth it.
  3. jisu.

jisu. Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

wut is FUS?
  4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Fast User Switching
  5. jisu.

well i turned them off and reboot, and same result - takes me to classic screen. and then turned them on again and reboot - still same result.
  6. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

Did you try making this change as administrator or as a limited user?
    Is windows up to date ?
  7. jisu.

as admin. yes it is up to date. i thought that was the problem. i had this problem a few days afta i installed sp2. now i uninstalled it, but still didn't work :( i think sp2 brings more bugs than fixes >_<
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.