Syberia (first one) freezes on my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tru_Snoop

Hey guys;

I played Syberia II and I liked it, so i bought Syberia (first one) to understand the story completely. I am stuck at the first level. Whenever i try to open the hotel door, game freezes and I have to manual reboot my pc. It freezes at the same place every time. I went to few forms and they recommended that my CPU is getting hot. So, I cleaned the heatsink and used new silver greese (just right amount) and put it back on. My CPU's temp. decreased about 5 degrees C. It used to be 47 degrees C, and now it is 42 degrees C. I checked using speedFan, when I play the Syberia game the temp rises up to 44 degrees C. I don't know if it is good or bad or even my cpu is causing the problem. I can play all the other games fine, such as Mafia, NHL 2005, GTA:San Andreas, etc. I was able to play Syberia II very smoothly. Below are my PC specs:

My PC Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (Sp2 installed)
Case: NETLINK 18IN 350W ATX 3688 CASE /W FRONT USB PORT P4 READY
Motherboard: ASUS A7V880 SOCKETA KT880 DUAL DDR AGP 5PCI SATA SOUND 1000LAN MOTHERBOARD
CPU: AMD ATHLON XP 1500+ 256K 266FSB SOCKET A RETAIL BOX (running at 1300)
CPU Heatsink: VANTEC AEROFLOW SOCKETA cpu cooler TMD 5600RPM 35.5CFM
Memory: 512MB PC2700 DDR333 SAMSUNG RAM
Video Card: ABITR9550-128CDT RADEON 9550 128MB DDR AGP8X
Hard Drives: 2 X ( WD CAVIAR 80GB INT ATA/100 HD 3.5LP 9MS 8MB 7200RPM OEM)
Anti-virus: Kaspersky Antivirus Personal 5.0.121
Firewall: Zone Alarm Pro 5.5.062.011
Display Driver: Latest Catalyst (v5.8), just installed.
cASE FANS = 4 FANS (2 INFLOW, 2 OUTFLOW)

Please help me with this problem. Also, I updated the patch for syberia, but I have to use No CD patch because It keeps saying insert CD 1 in drive, eventhough CD1 is in the drive. wierd!

Anyways........if you guys need any more info I can provide you.
thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back