TechSpot

Sylvania MP3 player smpk8099 8GB help?

By Selena
Apr 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I have a Sylvania smpk8099 mp3 player which has worked wonderfully up until recently. Just today it started having trouble staying on. If I click through a menu too fast, it shuts off and the whole thing resets. The files are still there, but all the settings are reset. I really need to get it up and working by Wednesday; I have a college radio show and all the music I play is on this player. How can I return it to factory settings or at least get it to stay on?

2. mike1959

mike1959 TS Addict Posts: 1,126   +22

Can you give the battery a good charge?
    Also connect the player to your computer, open it in 'My computer' and copy all the Mp3 files off to your C drive, or where you have enough space. Then if it does completely fail you can copy all the mp3's onto a Flash drive or moblie phone or another Mp3 player.
    I have a Sony MP3 player, and there is a 1mm hole on the back to do a factory reset, (press with a ballpoint pen.)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.