Symantec buys a chunk of VeriSign for $1.28 billion

By Matthew
May 20, 2010
  1. In its third purchase this year, Symantec has announced that it will buy a portion of VeriSign that specializes in Internet security technology. The $1.28 billion deal includes VeriSign's secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate services, public key infrastructure (PKI) services, and identity protection and authentication service. Additionally, Symantec will receive a majority stake in VeriSign Japan.

Read the whole story
  2. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 612

Well... out the window goes secure SSL for most websites. F***ing Symantec? These are the morons that infect generations of computers with their anti-virus virus.
  3. viperpfl

viperpfl TS Member Posts: 40

WOW!!!! Symantec is still around?
  4. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 308

Who's Symantec?
  5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,889   +645

Hasn't this company died already? every time I come past one of their products (well backup exec is ok and some of their drive ghosting programs) its a pile of rubbish! their anti-virus being the worse program since the discovery of the super devil!
  6. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 669

This sucks. Symantec systematically purchases and destroys vendors products. Not that I can say Verisign offered a great product, they're pricing is WAY overinflated. But I don't see how this will benefit us at all.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.