Symantec Ghost 8.0 backup regimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
For the last week I have been trying to understand the concepts of Ghost 8.0.

Imaging machines over the network, restoring etc. all works fine. The thing I am really interested in is the backup regimes. If I got it well, this version of Ghost supports creating incremental backups of cloned machines, just what I need!!
Tried a few backups (using the backup regime wizard) and it works, but what surprises me is that there is no possibility to backup just a partition in stead of the complete disc. Creating images however, lets me choose wether to backup a certain partition or the complete disc.
I don't care about other partitions than the system on the targeted computer, so backing up the complete disc is not interesting for me and a waste of disc space.

In short:
Is there even a possibility to create incremental backups (via the backup regime option) of a certain partition in stead of complete harddisc?? (maybe upgrading to Ghost 9.0)

Thanks a lot!

You can back up any partitions of your hdd with Norton Ghost 8. Usually it will highlight all partitions to be backed up, but you simply click the partition to be backed up and select file to backup or CDR/DVD to back up. When select backup up to a file, you need to give it a name and back it up onto a different partition.

Hi Sam,
Thanks for reply...

I think you are talking about the Dos-version of Ghost 8. Thats not what I am talking about. Maybe I was not clear about this. The version I use is the enterprise Ghost solution, version 8.0. This version runs under W2K3 and is able to pull images of clients. It should also be able to pull incremental backups of network connected clients (with use of backup regimes).

Using the above option I would like to make incremental backups from my clients 2nd partition (1st is dell diagnostics boot partition). So the 1st and the 3rd partition don't matter to me.

Hope you can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back