Symantec GHOST,newbie needs guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a student at my tech school and for my senior project, I'm ghosting a client computer to another client computer for my networking shop. I've fooled around with ghost last year and figured out the VERY basic means of ghost. I'm starting with a blank page this year.

So far, I have already set up my client computer with all the drivers for all the hardware. (all the computers on the network are exactly alike. same hardware, same NICS,same OS...)They all run on WindowsXP. I have yet to run SYSPREP on my Ghostmaster machine.

After i installed GHOST management console on the server (runs Server2000), I tried to remotely install the client onto the ghostmaster. It says I have to install IIS 5.0 Version or higher to install the migration client.

I dont know what ISS is or where to get it.Not really sure..

If anyone can help me out it would be great. I'll add you guys to mysenior project paper. lol It would be awesome.

Feel free to email me back at: xthejess@gmail.com

thanks alot! Well,I tried installing it using the winXP pro cd, but for some reason it won't recognize that the .DL_ files are there and won't select them. All the files are there, but it wont select them.

Whatdo I do?

i have another problem..When installign the client migration server, I get an error saying:

Error1322. A portion of the path exceeds the length allowed by the system.

I also tried to remotely install the clientfrom the network server, and I receive a failed client installation because of a connection error. ( I checked the Error Log)
everythign is connected to the network, and I have a fine network connection.

Any hints?

I'm thinking about callign tech support.

did you install the Ghost client directly on the other system instead of trying a remote install?
did you get asked to specify a path at any point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back