Symidsco.sys - Crash & minidump info

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

C2067

Thank you in advance

I have had a series of crashes increasing over the last couple of months. I have re formatted, tried new drivers & have reverted back to the old, so and so on.

I configured the PC not to shut down so that I can atleast get a BSOD of which may give me a little insight to my problem. I received this error this afternoon as described in the BSOD.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
**STOP 0x000000D1, (0x08A743B1A, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,0xA8233B6F)
SYMIDSCO.SYS ADDRESS A8233B6F BASE AT A8214000, date stamp 45384916.

I also have a series of minidumps over a period of time, that I do not know how extract the file information to read? Even if I could I wouldn't understand the contents anyway.

Any assistance or directions would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you in advance.
Craig

SYMIDSCO.SYS belongs to Sysmantec or commonly Norton.

Advice: get rid of it (norton) and put something decent on, like Avast and Kerio Personal Firewall.

If that doesn't fix the problem, i will have a closer look to the minidumps, or post fresh ones unzipped.

N3051M

Thank you for your reply it's very much appreciated,

I believe that the Norton issue is one of possibly two causes for the PC crashes? I mostly experience crashes when viewing web pages that have sound and video content, or when games are being played.

I have updated all drivers (the ones that I can) and have also reverted back to the old if no reasonable result was achieved. I have also upgraded the video card ATI X700 PRO to ATI X850 XT PE. no change in system stability.

I will turn off the on board audio in the bios to see is this has any tangible effect.

Once again, thank you.
Craig

I will turn off the on board audio in the bios to see is this has any tangible effect.
you can try, but what does this problem have to do with sound?

Code:
mini011407-01
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M (1000007f)
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  DRIVER_FAULT
IMAGE_NAME:  NDIS.sys

mini011407-02
KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e)
IMAGE_NAME:  ntkrnlmp.exe

mini011407-03
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
IMAGE_NAME:  symidsco.sys

NDIS and ntkrnlmp are windows core files. Symidsco is related to Norton. Norton is well known for some instabilities and corrupting some windows files as well (among other sins).

Hi,

Your windows crashes randomly and it is symptom of hardware problem. I want more minidumps to confirm whether it is hardware problem or not.

Enclosed minidups last 4

Hi,

Thank you for your response it is very much appreciated.

I have attached the latest mini dumps. I hope that this sheds some light?

Regards

N3051M said:
you can try, but what does this problem have to do with sound?

I'm obviously clutching at straws as I'm not that proficient with fault finding. I'm assuming this, as that crashes occurred 70% of the time when sound was playing, mainly audio from various internet sites. Also whilst backing up the PC to another drive. Using Microsoft’s back up utility

Regards

cpc2004 said:
Hi,

Your windows crashes randomly and it is symptom of hardware problem. I want more minidumps to confirm whether it is hardware problem or not.

Sorry Guys

I've logged in twice under different names. CDC2006 & this one. I will delete one profile.

Hi,

Thank you for your response it is very much appreciated.

I have attached the latest mini dumps.zip. I hope that this sheds some light?

Also attached is a txt file that contains mini dump info, blue screen info as well as My PC information.

Is the following voltage fluctuations as recorded by ASUS probe probram OK? 12V fluctuates from 12.22 - 11.51 Volts approx within 4% the other within +- 4 with the exception of the 5 volt rail + 5%.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Craig

Regards

Its been a while...

Minidump from the above post:

011707-02
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Driver_fault >relates to kmixer.sys
[kmixer relates to Windows audio mixer]

011407-03
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
Driver_fault >relates to symidsco.sys

0110607-01
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
driver_fault >relates to SYMEVENT.SYS
[again, relates to symantec/norton]

011707-01
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (24)
driver_fault >relates to classpnp.sys
[classpnp is part of windows]

you still have some symantec related files that's in the minidumps. I apologise for sounding a bit rude before..

suggestions:
- Go to Start>Run and enter CMD
> type in chkdsk /f. Let it fix any errors it finds on the HDD.
> type in sfc /scannow (you will need your windows xp cd)
- update your audio drivers
- Do you have any Symantec products installed? like anything on this list: http://www.symantec.com/product/index.jsp
> If so, uninstall them and any other residual programs it leaves behind relating to it (liveupdate etc).

Attached are the minidump readouts i got, so since CPC2004 than is more well versed in reading them than i, he can suggest other things to do if needed?

RAM Problem ??

Hi,

I believe that it is hardware (ie RAM or CPU) problem as all of the crashes have no pattern. Especially 2 minidumps are crashed with interrupt code 11 and it is related to hardware error. 1 minidump is crashed at kimixer.sys and 1 minidump is crashed with CLASSNP.sys. They are all related to hardware problem. 1 minidump is crashed at Norton AV and I am not sure whether it is related to the bug of Norton AV.

Suggestion
1. Reseat the memory module to another memory slot
2. If it still crashes, run memtest to stress test the ram.

C2067: I have banned your other username as you`re only entitled to one Techspot account. This brings you back in line with our TOS.

Please feel free to continue using your C2067 account.

Regards Howard TS Moderator :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back